Founder and Executive Director of the Equal Justice Initiative
We incorporate forensic social work skills into a client-centered, holistic court preparation and hearing model. These services are provided in the following legal settings:
► Civil and Criminal Court Mitigation Services - Collect all necessary information to provide the mitigation story for alternative sentencing in capital cases, non-capital cases, and bond hearings.
► Probate Court Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) - Promote the best interests of the Alleged Incapacitated Individual (A.I.I.) in guardianship and protective proceedings.
► Family Court - Licensed Clinical Social Worker contractor for SC Commission on Indigent Defense (SCCID) interdisciplinary representation on the parent's legal team in child welfare cases.
Specialized services include:
• Conduct trauma informed forensic interviews with the client, family members, and all other pertinent individuals
• Create bio-psycho-social assessments to tell a compelling life story including multi-generational extended family genograms
• Secure and interpret psycho-social-medial assessments and records
• Prepare mitigation workups, reports, and sentencing memorandums
• Develop criminogenic needs protective and imperilment factors matrix
• Arrange screenings or evaluations by other specialized professionals and facilitate treatment options and acceptance